How to update Flak
Congratulations! You are the owner of a Flak. We assume that you have already did go through the installation of Flak on PC/Laptop. If not, please look here.
Flak has been designed so that you can get new functions via the Flak update.
Note: full functionality of Flak, including the updating of Flak, is not available for Mac OS devices yet.
1. Insert your Flak into the USB port.
2. Open the web browser (there are no limitations for Web browsers, except for Internet Explorer, only versions 9.0 and newer are supported)
3. Type http://myflak.com in the browser and press Enter.
4. Type your PIN code. If you are using Flak for the first time, type the default PIN code (check the User Manual on Flak drive in the folder Manuals).
5. The Flak Web interface would appear.
6. If you want to check your Flak firmware first, then click on Information. Click on Back to get back to the Main page.
7. Turn off the VPN connection (make sure the button on Secure Internet is red).
8. Click on Settings. If your menu looks like on the picture below (Interface Mode, Change the PIN code, Software Update, Backup, X509 Certificates), then click on X509 Certificates to update the certificates first. Otherwise go to section 9.
Click on OK and wait for the Flak to check for Certificates updates. Click on Update. After the successful completion of the process, you might be asked to reconnect your Flak or taken back to the Sign In page. Sign in and go to Settings.
9. Go to Software Update.
10. Click on OK and wait for the Flak to check for the updates.
Click on Update. In the end you would be asked to reconnect your Flak. Please do so for the updates to take effect.
11. To double check if everything went well, click on Information to see the version of firmware.
Flak Installation and Flak User Guides are available on your Flak drive under the folder Manuals and also available online here.